About WOOJIN PLAIMM
Ick Whan Kim is the founder and president of WOOJIN PLAIMM Co. Ltd. Established in 1985, the owner-run company is Korea's largest injection-moulding machine manufacturer and produces about 2,700 machines a year.
The market share of WOOJIN PLAIMM in Korea is at 65 - 70 %. WOOJIN PLAIMM maintains intense customer relationships with Korean and Asian customers from the electrical and electronic industry, medical technology, as well as automotive. In the scope of global expansion policy, markets in the USA and Europe are accessed increasingly as well.
WOOJIN PLAIMM is characterised by a high value-added depth – nearly everything comes from a single source: From the foundry to mechanical processing to complete installation. Additionally, WOOJIN PLAIMM cooperates with a high-quality supplier chain around the world.
Just a few years ago, the company was primarily active in Asia – with a new orientation of its international business strategy, however, the market has now been expanded to include North and South America and Europe. In Autumn, 2014, a new plant with around 700,000 m² was started up in Boeun-gun (Korea). The production volume is around 6,000 machines per year.
Since 2014, WOOJIN PLAIMM's research and development subsidiary has had its headquarters in Leobersdorf, Austria. The European location has resulted in machine and system requirements such as control and information systems and data recording and data preparation of production machines being brought into much sharper focus. The subsidiary in Austria as the European headquarters for sales and service was expanded to optimally integrate European standards in the technology. The research and development centre of WOOJIN PLAIMM in Europe is to link the best technology from two worlds to globally supply important OEMs.
The machine range of the new developments of WOOJIN PLAIMM currently comprises the
• DL-A5 series with fully hydraulic two platen machines of 4.500 to 43.000 kN clamping force,
• HD-A5 series with horizontal hydraulic three platen machines of 1.800 to 3.000 kN clamping force,
• TH-A5 series with hydraulic toggle machines with clamping force of 1.300 to 4.800 kN,
• TH-S series with horizontal hydraulic toggle machines with clamping force of 500 to 1.100 kN,
• TE-A5 series with fully electric toggle machines of 1.100 to 8.500 kN,
• TE series with horizontal fully electric toggle machines of 300 to 500 kN clamping force,
• VHA-RS series - fully hydraulic vertical injection molding machines of 500 to 2.000 kN clamping force in rotary table design.
WOOJIN PLAIMM has about 1000 employees around the world and achieved a turnover of 248 m US-dollars (2018).